Thursday, June 18, 2009

MOVIES

I always liked to go to the movies. When I was a little child, there was in Pelotas a very old cinema, Capitólio. I used to go there, with my sister, my neighboor and my maid. We watched those Walt Disney movies, like Lion King, Pocahontas...Well, unfortunately, now Capitólio is closed! It became a parking car. It's funny, I went to a party there! And I asked myself "where are the chairs?!".

Oh, I watched Titanic there! I remember Capitolio was very crowded in that day... We had to stay in a very big file to enter. It was really full. I should be ten or eleven... I went there with Renata (my neighboor) and her mommy. I remeber everybody in the cinema was crying!

The last time I went to the movies I watched "Who wants to be a millionaire?". Oh, I really liked this! At first, I think I've never watched an indian movie before this. It's curious, because in India there is Bollywood, but I believe I always watch to Hollywood movies.

When it's holiday, I always try to watch some movies. And I confess that I prefer old movies. I really like those classic ones. So, I go to the LOCADORA and choose some. Last weekend, I watched Dial M For Murder, a Hitchcock's movie and Pulp Fiction, a Tarantino's. It's funny, yestarday in class we talked exactly about them!

One of the best I've ever watched is Hair. I've watched this about four times! Maybe because it's a musical, so it's very easy to pay attention.

Well, it's really imposible to talk about the movies I really like! I was trying to choose one, but I couldn't! I remembered 12 angry men, A dog day afternoon (it's really good! Al Pacino, Al Pacino...) and a lot more. Oh, and we still have Woody Allen! I love his movies!

Ok, I could choose the funniest one: Il Mostro (Roberto Benigni). It's really fun! I've watched it many times and I always laugh a lot! I remember the first time I watched this, I was with my father and we just didn't stop laughing! Roberto Benigni is a genious, although I don't like him so much.

Well, people, I think I made a big confusion! But I'm really into the movies! So it's very hard to choose my favourites! I could stay here a day writing about movies! In the next weekend, I have so much to study... Maybe I won't watch any movie (how sad)! I hope you do!

See you! Thank you for reading!

Ju

*HOW CAN I SAY LOCADORA IN ENGLISH??

4 comments:

  1. Hi Juliana, well, I really liked the Capitólio cinema, it was bigger than the one from the mini shopping and it was more comfortable!
    I liked your text, I identified because I really like movies, it's so good to get a movie and watch it eating some popcorn! Hehe
    I watched Hair and though I don't like musicals, I liked it..
    I also like Almodóvar, do you know him? The director? His movies are really good!

    Well, reading two times, I found two things that I think could be changed..
    When you want to say "estacionamento" it would be Parking Lot instead of parking car, and when you said "in that day" you should change that 'in' for and 'on', so it would be "on that day".
    Well, that's it, I really like your text and I liked those kind of movies you like, nice taste!
    See you!

    on that day instead of in that day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi juliana!!!!!!
    your text is very nice, but I don't have what to say about movies. I hate watching movies, I don't have patience heheheh. My boyfriend likes watching movies at weekends, so I can't follow him because I always sleep.
    of course, I has watched some films, but i has been at cinema once.
    when I talk about movies I always remenber Autumn in New York's film, I though it very sad, I cried all time, it got with my feelings, if you don't watch it enjoy and watch , it is sensational.
    Kisses Aline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Juliana. I love movies. I went to go to cinema to watch "Titanic" too.
    I love to talk about movies, to go to the cinema, to watch films in my house or with my friends. Of course, I like to do this eating popcorn and chocolate. It is normal.
    I can't choose one movie. It depends. I already watched a lot of movies. And I admit I always see the same movie. For example, Sr. and Sra Smith I watched for 4 times.
    See you!!

    P.S. Some friend told me about a new cimema in Rio Grande but I did not know the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Juliana and everyone!

    Here you have another movie addict! Although I haven't been to the movies lately, I really like to do that... I used to collect movie tickets of every film I watched and at the end of each year I would have around 60 tickets (what makes more than 1 film a week).

    Well, answering your question, "locadora" can be "video rental" or "video shop".

    See you!

    ReplyDelete