Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pelotas

I know a lot of people who hate Pelotas. Why? They say it's boring, it's is provincial, it's too small and it's retrograde.
But I don't agree whit them! I really love Pelotas. I always lived here, so all my friends also live here. And I can say I had great experiences here! I studied in good schools, now I study at a good College. Ok, UFPel has many problems, but we have good teachers and we have a opportunity of studying in a state university.
Pelotas is an old city, so we have beautiful buildings, parks, like Praça Coronel Pedro Osório, Parque da Baronesa, Charqueadas... It's not a small city: there are about 380000 residents!
Here we have museuns, good restaurants, good schools, theatres, Universities. There are nice parties too, for those who like going out.
And we can feel safe here, it's a very calm city! Of course there are problems, but we can live very well here! I don't have plans for future, but I think I would have a happy life living here. Ok, there are many nice cities where I'd like to live, but I just don't exclude Pelotas!

Well, I hope you like Pelotas too :)
And have a nice week!

5 comments:

  1. Juliana! I agree with you in many aspects! Maybe because in my home town don't have any things like Pelotas. I also don't see myself criticizing the city where I live, after all it's don't "my" city! I like Pelotas too, there are good parties and a lot of things to do [unlike Bagé]. The only thing make me sad is the violence. I was mugged two times and I got really afraid. But... Very nice text! Kisses Bianca ;)~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii Juliana!
    I liked your text..
    About people who hate Pelotas because it's smal and etc, I think they have a "profile" to live in metropolis, you know? I think that really exists people who just can't live in small cities.
    I'm not like that.. As well as you I like to live here, this city can offer to me everything that I need!
    Ah, and grammatically speaking, I couldn't find any mistake! Congratulations! It's really very good!!

    Kisses for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Juliana, I just couldn't agree more with you. I like Pelotas and, after living in other city (Porto Alegre, which I also like), I can see the advantages in living here.

    In my opinion, there are people who need to live in other cities, mainly because of professional restrictions, but as an option, Pelotas is a good place to live.

    Nice text! See you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Juliana. I like Pelotas. I don't live in Pelotas (like you know), but I study there and the University is good. I like the people and to walk for city. It is good. Good text.

    ReplyDelete